Re: Lots

From: Khan M. Klatt <kmk@pacificrim.net>
To: jettaglx@igtc.com <jettaglx@igtc.com>; GTI
<gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com>
Date: Monday, September 14, 1998 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: Lots

>>Seems to me sometimes VW only makes 3 types of
cars GOLF/GTI;BETTLE;PASSAT

>In my view, a Jetta *is* a Golf/GTI, that has had
it's hatchback crushed
>down to make a trunk. I should use some morphing
software to morph a Golf
>into a Jetta. For me the decision was based
around wanting a German sport
>sedan, rather than a German sport hatchback. :)

That's true, and that's why I bought the Jetta.
'cause I want a sedan, not a hatchback..

So, why mags don't speak about the Jetta?.. Most
car magazines are about
sporty/cool/rare/special/luxury cars. so EC is
too. There are not too much family-car magazines
around.

The passat turned to be a luxury car in its B5
version. The Beetle...well, not too much to
explain. And the Golf/GTI are 100% sporty cars,
both. The Golf Cabrio, is a fun car, but it's
still a Golf.

The Jetta isn't a luxury car (Passat beats it) and
it isn't a sporty car either (a GTI runs more than
a GLX, has more sporty stuff inside like the seat
trims, etc.).. So, why do magazines should talk
about it?.

Anyway, I don't care about if my car appears on
magazines or not, or if in my country is the
best-seller (yes it is the most selled sedan in
1998) and you see 20 per minute in the street. I
still love it and prefer from a Golf. I'm in love
with its shape. Sorry.

BUT!!.. hey wait.. There comes the Jetta A4 in
October. It'll be in every magazine as the Beetle
is.. Thought the NB is a hit?. Expect more from
the new Jetta. People will sell their Benzes,
BMWs, Civics, etc..

- Alex Kunstmann