Replacing wipers

	This may sound like a simple question, but I always ask the group first.  It's time to change the wiper blades on my '97 GLX, and I just want to know:  what is the best thing to do?  Should I change the blades only, and if so, do I get them from the dealer, or if not VW's, which brand fits best?  Should I replace the entire assembly, and if so, which brand holds its pressure longer, works better, is least obtrusive, etc?  I don't want to sound nitpicky, but there is a better and a worse of everything, and list members seem to be on top of this stuff.  TIA,
                                                      Adam