change battery

Last night I went to a drive-in theater and watched two movies.
Started up and drove home fine.  This morning turn the key and
everything just dies (no cranking).  Look at the radio and it says
"safe".  I know time for an optima.  Any suggestions on the correct
procedure?  I already did this on my corrado but I was wondering
if I need to do anything special on this car (8/94glx).  In any case
I will be doing this today.  I am not interested in the group puchase
either as it is cheaper for me to buy it locally.  Anybody have any
leads on who sells black panther batteries besides their homepage?
TIA

Stanton '95glx