Paintless Dent Removal

I finally got around to taking the car to Dent Wizard to see about the
various dings and the huge dent in the RF fender. The results are pretty
good. All the dings came out and are essentially invisible.

Total cost? $20.

Normal charge is about $75/panel, but the guy felt bad since the fender
couldn't be fixed and the others took no time at all.

The only bummer was that the big dent in the RF fender wouldn't come out.
That will have to be fixed by the body shop. I was going to go anyway,
because there are a few scrapes on the RR bumper that need to be fixed
(believe it or not I do park carefully-just rotten luck).

While I'm at it I will have the black strip between the tail lights
painted as well.

So if you get a ding you don't need to suffer with it. Check out a dent
removal place (called PDR for short) and get a quote. Make sure that you
find out how long they have been doing this. The guy that did my car has
been doing this for about 5 years. He said thet he was terrible at it for
the first year after he went to school for PDR. It looks easy, but it is
real easy to screw it up and do damage. You're paying for their
experience.

John Darwak
'97 Jetta GLX Sequoia/Biber beige
...almost dent free