Re: RE: interior

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:03:00, "Matt Cleland" <cleland@stlnet.com> wrote:
> Subject: RE: interior
>
> I've got a slightly different twist on this story..  Earlier this summer,
> when
> the temps here in the midwest were ~100 degrees, I was tooling up the
> interstate to Treffen, with my wife.  She normally doesn't ride in my Jetta,
> so she determined that the center A/C vents were incorrectly cooling the
> passenger seat too much.  She proceeded to close the vents, and everybody
> was
> happy.  I forgot about this, and left them closed.  The following week, it
> was
> like 90 degrees and 200% humidity, and I was cruising around town, listening
> my indash CD player.  The CD started skipping furiously, and I thought
> "uh-oh,
> I *knew* this new suspension would give me fits.".  It finally got so bad
> that the CD stopped playing.  I ejected the CD, and it was *ice-cold*! I
> guess
> the closed A/C vents were causing a huge build up of chilled air to
> circulate
> around the radio/CD player, and since it was so humid, water was condensing
> on the CD surface.  I finally figured out that the vents were closed, and
> had a good laugh.
>
> So, our cars have both hot *and* cold spots...
>
> - --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Matt Cleland                                    cleland@stlnet.com
> 98 Jetta GLX
> Black/Biber

I've had my in-dash CD player skip from AC-induced condensation with the
center vents wide open -- I'd had the AC on full blast plus recirc for
about an hour to 75 minutes or so.  Bummed me out that I had to take out
Rob Zombie in mid-rant. (On the plus side, I can always tell myself that
all this cold air prolongs the life of all the silicon wafers in my head
unit -- as long as there's not a lot of condensation happening on the
boards inside.)

Bruce Stapley
98 blk/blk "Wet CD" Edition