Re: interior

>  I have a 97' jetta glx.  After driving for long periods of time, I
> notice, by touch,  a build up of heat (extreme in my opinion) in the
> interior of my car.  As the driver, next to my right leg.  What is
> located right behind the cup holders environment controls etc...
> that  could be causing this?

Well I don't know specifics. But I would guess that it's simply because that's
were most cars have a lot of "stuff"!
You got the radio, the environmental controls, the heater core (which always
has a supply of hot coolant unless the valve is in the engine compartment),
and probably part of the OBDII computer.
All this stuff builds heat progressively and there really is no where to vent
it.