Re: Dumb Question but easy

>>>An orange light came on in my dash, Its the circle witht the 3 dashes on
>>>ether side, next to the Red Brake light, WHAT is this?
>>
>>Brake pad wear sensor light. I'm 99% sure of it (my manual is downstairs
>>and I'm lazy). It means that your brake pads are about 30% away from
>>being useless. or thereabouts. Order some new pads soon, get 'em on the
>>car soon, etc. The car should still be driveable and 99% safe, but you
>>now know that that time is coming soon.
>
>Let me make a suggestion to you-- buy Mintex Redbox brake pads-- better
>performance, a lot less brake dust.

I second that suggestion. I did it. I did it a bit early (car had about
55k miles on it, and the brakes were only about 60%-70% worn), but it's
better sooner than later (especially when later can end up also costing
you the price of new calipers and rotors). And, besides ... I have the
pain-in-the-ass BBS rims - RZII, I believe - and, MAN, they're STILL
shiny!
   Speaking of which, I heartily recommend Zymol's wheel care kit. It
comes with a spray-on gel which you let sit for a minute or so, an
organic-bristle-and-plastic-so-you-don't-scratch-your-rims brush, and
a spray-on protectant. And it WORKS. WHAT a difference it made on my
pain-in-the-buttocks BBS rims.
   While you're at it, go ahead and give Zymol's leather care kit a go.
Seems to be working nicely so far on my black-on-black '95 GLX.
   On a similar note ... will somebody tell me if natural wax is so bad
for your car as they say? I've been using Meguiar's Gold Class instead
of Zymol's paste wax because Meguiar's has no organic wax in it whatso-
ever, and organic wax will ROT. Anybody have any opinions on this?
-Tom

     /|=-    Thomas J. Boyer   --=|/
    /|=-    cyng@lamere.net   --=|/