RE: Bearcat Scanners

At 08:30 AM 9/2/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I don't know much about scanners either. I see models that advertise "trunk"
>scanning or tracking. What is this? And is it worth it for our purposes?
>
>Kevin Ng
>97 GLX Windsor Blue

Kevin, I drive 50 miles one way to the dealership I work in. I have a
Bearcat 950XLT Scanner I purchased at Scanner World. I also have an
external antenna that looks like a CB ant. The scanner works better in some
ways than a radar detector. Besides listening for police activity in the
area I am traveling  I will also hear about motor vehicle accidents. In New
Jersey the State Police are up on the 800 band and use a 10 channel
sequence. Hence a trunk setup.  You have to scan all 10 channels because
each time the mike is keyed the frequency will change.

Don