Air filter

Ok, there has got to be an easy way to do this.  For the mechanically challenged, I need some assitance.  TIA...

I'd like to get a K&N airfilter, but am having considerable trouble removing the top of my airbox.  After removing the front hose via loosening the screwclamp, detaching the two latches
on the font and rear side of the box, and then detaching the two laches connecting the airbox to the exit hose, the top doesnot want to come off!

It seems stuck on the left edge under the lip of the engine compartment (as you are facing towards the rear under the hood).  I've looked under there as close as I can with a flashlight
and CAN'T see anything that needs to be removed.

HELP!  I'm embarrased to be asking such a basic question, so easy on the bash session that is sure to follow.  My '82 Ceilca GT was never this difficult...

ChRiS
'97 Windsor Blue
upper strut tie bar
lame stock airfilter