Re: Bearcat Scanners

Here's a vote for scanners.  In Calif we set one channel to 154.905 which is
the "extender" frequency for the CHP. It is a tramsmitter located in each
car and very low power so if you hear it start looking around and acting
like a good person. The cop has the option of turning it off but they
usually don't so that they don't have to remember to turn it on when they
get out of the car.  Lots of other states use these things.