RE: Stereo questions

I just sold and removed my factory changer (non-Bose). It was mounted on top
of the carpet in the driver's side rear corner of the trunk, behind the rear
wheel. VW enclosed it in a very sturdy metal mounting bracket that would
take considerable abuse, and mounted it with machine screws into the floor
of the trunk. With it removed, I have four holes in my trunk and carpet, and
crushed carpet in that area (which should come back up with a brush). Being
behind the tire like it was, it was also raised up from the center section
of the floor a little, so things were less likely to slide into it.

When my new Blaupunkt system comes in, I will most likely try the changer
under the rear deck as I tend to use the wells behind the wheels for longer
objects, and I found it a little odd getting the cartridge in sideways.

Tim Irwin
'98 GLX (soon to have Blau Sydney)