Re: Speed Application

Here are some more formulas:

HP = (Torque * rpm)/5250
Torque at output shaft = Torque * gear ratio
rpm1/gear1=rpm2/gear2, or rpm2=rpm1(gear2/gear1)

The last two formulas are the key in figuring correct shift points.  What
the last formula is figuring is where your output shaft speed is equal in
different gears using rpms and gear ratios.  I.E., it can show you where
your rpms will be when you shift from one gear to another dependent on the
rpms you shift at.  You can use the formula to compare gear 1 to 2, 2 to 3,
etc.  You must know the torque curve of your car though.

Also, the gear ratios on the 02A tranny are different for VR6s prior to
1997.

1994 - 1996 Ratios:
1st     3.300
2nd    1.944