From: owner-jettaglx@igtc.com [mailto:owner-jettaglx@igtc.com]On Behalf
Of Greg Coe
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 1998 7:39 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Speed Application

No, I know that the GTI and GLX have a 3.39 final drive, and the corrado
uses a 3.65 final drive.  Other than that, the O2A boxes are identical in
all the cars. I'm not stupid.  I went through a tranny replacement, and
researched all the boxes.  Only the Corrado's tranny differs.  Look at the
specs, man, the gearing for the GTIVR6 and Jetta GLX are EXACTLY the same.
No question about it.  Do the math, and you will see that 6100rpm in fifth
is about 144 mph, give or take a few tenths.  That is in BOTH the GLX and
GTI.  Anyone with any knowledge of the cars will confirm this.  Check VW's
web site.  I'm sure there are gear ratios in the specs.

Later,
Greg