Lubrication in your Sump

Petroleum Oil is just Dirt and Seeds and Twigs
all ground up, so your Bearings and Cylinder
Walls are going to be gouged (relatively speaking) and Petroleum Oil
stays thick and
loosens everything up.  Synthetic Lubricants
flow freer and are thinner so everything
retains close tolerances.  MOBIL 1 or
VALVOLINE Synthetic or CASTROL Synthetic
are good enough, but are crap compared to
AMSOIL.  NEO is a tiny bit better but (for me)
not worth the higher price.  The major thing of
lubrication is called Sheer Strength.  Also,
with a (good) Synthetic, your motor revs quicker
and you may justify the cost with ten thousand mile oil changes.  You do
have to wait until a
specified time (VW 5000 mile oil change is good) so that the Pretroleum
oil can wear in the
lubricated surfaces.  Oh, sorry, REDLINE is good stuff, too.  If I'm
Lyin', I'm buyin'.