Re: Toyo Proxes Info

COOL! I was trying to decide what the differences were in those tires.
Looks like I will either get Z1's, or T1's with snow tires (or maybe an ATV
:).

-Khan

At 9:34 AM -0400 10/6/98, David Strope wrote:
>I got the following information from one of the TOYO
>Engineers when I was trying to decide which tires
>to buy. I've tried both the FZ4s and the Z1s in our
>stock size. The Z1s are better in every way except
>the FZ4s look "cooler". Here is what he said:
>

>> Mr. Strope,
>>
>> Even though we already had a discussion over the phone, this will give
>> me an opportunity to give you some additional information regarding the
>> questions you had below.  Here is some comparison data on the Toyo's
>> Proxes T1, Z1, and FZ4.
>>
>> Ratings:  1=Good, 3=Better, 5=Best
>>
>> Tire Performance        Proxes T1       Proxes Z1       Proxes FZ4
>>
>> Dry Handling                    5               4               3
>>
>> Wet Handling                    5               4               3
>>
>> Comfort                	  3               3               3
>>
>> Quiet                           2               3               3
>>
>> Snow Traction                   1               3               2.5
>>
>> Mileage Warranty                N/A             N/A             N/A
>>
>> Currently, there are no plans to discontinue the Z1.
>>
>> Let me know if you have any other questions.
>>

>> Thomas Okihisa
>> Staff Engineer
>> Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corp.
>>

>Dave
>97 GLX

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                             Verio Northwest
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225