The VR6 is King.. HA! (VWs ARE VWs)

From: Christoper Hartwell@bbn.com <chartwel@bbn.com>
To: jettaglx@igtc.com <jettaglx@igtc.com>
Date: Monday, October 05, 1998 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: VR6 owner behavior (was Re: The VR6 is King (was
RE: Jetta GL(X) bashing)

>All this arguing is a very clear indication why the list
doesn't have too
>many females participating in conversation. This list is big
testosterone
>builder, (my engines bigger, my cars faster, mines lowered and
looks a hell

>of lot better than yours), C'mon guys lets continue the threads
on
[snip]

>find myself more interested to see what the latest and greatest
in
>technology is for these Jettas. Oh yeah remember there ALL
Jettas... ONE
>BIG HAPPY FAMILY!!!!!

See?!?!?!?!?!?

That's EXACTLY what I was arguing about too!!

(read all the message first and then reply)

I simply judge, and will continue to do so in every stage of my
life, about people that apart that they presume their toys, they
bash others who don't have the toys they own. It's just not
correct for me, at least with my classmates when I was in
school, or in my job, or with my relatives, or anyone. This
situation is the same for every person who lives in a society in
this planet.

In the other hand, this people is breaking the primary ideology
of owning this type of cars, from being a special brand, to
sinking it in a 'muscle car' or 'rice rocket'-like situation.

I drive a Volkswagen becuase its a special car, It doesn't
matter if it's a Type I beetle, a Golf GL, or an Audi A8. Its
the same for me, because those damn cars really have their own
flavor. I love them, despitting year, size, or where it was
maufactured. My family have owned Volkswagens since 1967 TO DATE
without interruption. I plan to continue this until I'm dead.
probably my kids will go on with it too.

So, I'm in this list to read stuff about Volkswagen, to hear
problems, solutions (I manage a watercooled Volkswagen club),
experiences, etc.. But having to tolerate some Volkswagen
newbies who think that by buying one of the biggest models
available, they are better, or they actually feel anything
different from anyone driving a smaller Golf GL, they are LOST.
Its too much for me and I can't stand it.

These (let's call just like this) Volkswagen newbies haven't
experienced the real passion for a Volkswagen, the way it feels
in you hands, the way the engine roars even having an 1.7lts
Rabbit when revving at 3rd gear in the highway, to hit the
brakes and feel a small-yet-powerful car, with a story as rich
as the same VW has, etc..

I have driven all types of cars, all nationalities, and all
engine sizes, and I still prefer an old A2 Jetta than a brand
new Lexus, or a Mustang, or anything, becuase these are the only
cars I feel special into. In the others I don't feel any fun, or
nothing, I just drive... Driving a VW is an adventure (remember
the point A to point B thing?)..

So, instead of writing non-sense about your 172hp Jettas, try to
enjoy and love them for the first time, without thinking on
winning a stupid and dangerous street race, just drive them and
feel them. That's what an experienced Volkswagen owner can tell
you. And I know that's what ol' VW owners do, and that's why
they keep buying those cars, and if they can afford it, they buy
the biggest model, and continue feeling the same special car
they drove for the first time many years ago, being a Rabbit, or
an A1 Jetta.

There are plenty of car manufacturers that offer cars with
higher equipment at a lower cost, bigger, more powerful, etc..
Why are we loosing our money on these cars??.. Know what?, we
don't. I, and all Volkswagen lovers buy them because they are
unique and special. Not for their power, come on, or their
biggest size, come on. They are special, makes driving a
pleasure (even when sorrounded with so many jerks driving around
us), an adventure, I (or we) enjoy driving them, that's all we
ask for a car.

Well, I've repeated my opinions around the cars we have, vastly
in this message, I hope I've made my point clear.

- Alexander L. Kunstmann
  a_kunstmann@gmx.de