RE: could someone please..

Jeremy, I've waited for others to respond since I don't have a Bose system,
but haven't seen  anything, so here goes.

I installed a Blau. Sydney and CD-Changer in my '98 GLX (non-Bose) 2 weeks
ago. If I wasn't using the CD-Changer, the only wiring differences would
have been swapping the switched and constant 12v (pins 7 and 4), though I am
unsure of what effect pins 1 and 3 (anti-theft signal and Data link
connector - "K wire") would have on the Blau. head unit. With the CD-Changer
pins 1,2,3 all work with the CD-Changer, so I had to use the Blau. wiring
harness with them.

See http://www.panix.com/~aqn/GTI_VR6/gti_vr6/library/hifi/Late_98_Radio.gif
(user: driver, pwd: hired) for a schematic of the Jetta radio.

In short, I ended up using the factory speaker harness, and the Blau.
harness for everything else due to the CD-Changer. I went ahead and cut the
factory wires (with enough room to re-splice if necessary), and butt-spliced
them into the Blau. harness.

Probably the hardest part of it was fishing the CD-Changer cable up under
the dash to the head unit. I had the head unit done in about 30 minutes,
including careful splicing.

As far as getting the stock unit out, I spent 60 minutes driving around to
stereo shops who didn't have the tool to get a VW head unit out before going
to the dealer who pulled it in 60 seconds for free.

Good luck, let me know if I can help more.

Tim Irwin
'98 GLX