A cheap anti-theft device

	I did this in my car, thought I would send it to the list to show my Mcgyver
type skills... It is effective, even if you have an alarm.
	I bought a switch at Pep Boys the other day that goes for the security
systems that they have that is basically a keyed electrical switch.  What I
did was wire this into the fuel pump fuse (not sure on the number) using two
spade connectors and about 12 feet of wire, and ran this switch back to the
console next to where the lock for the baby glove compartment is.  I drilled a
hole there (1/2" ish) and inserted the switch and used butt connectors to
connect the whole thing.
	Essentially what this does is to disable the fuel pump except for when this
keyed lock is in the "on" position.  I thought it was kindof a neat idea being
that it was cheap (total cost, around $12) and that if (god forbid) the car
was broken into, they could hotwire it and have the engine turn over and over
and the car would never start because it is getting no fuel.
	If anyone wants more detailed instructions, let me know and I can email you
with them.  It is definately worth the $12 to sleep better at night!!!

Matt
America Online Technical Advisor
888-265-8006

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/5464