Re: Computer Problems

At 03:50 PM 11/14/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Don,
>  A friend of mine is having cold start problems with his 97 GTI DE.  I
>was wondering if you could resend your message regarding the downloading
>of the new program to his computer.  I deleted it before he told me about
>his problem.
>  Thanks,
>Ken Weidmann Jr
>GLXTASY@Juno.com
>Checkered Flag Automotive Components
>95 Black Jetta GLX M3 wannabe
>85 Show Scirocco
>
>Ken,  First the ECM has to be identified. The AA is the most current. If
the AA is not in the car he will have to get the dealer to replace it. Next
after the ECM is changed if the car still has the problem he will have to
get the dealer involved and have them remove and forward the ECM to VWOA
where they flash the ECM with the most current software update.

The whole repair will only work if you have a willing dealer.  Bring it to
my dealer ship in NJ and I will see that it gets done.

Don