RE: rattles,

At 12:32 PM 11/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Chuck,
>
>About the tape my dealer installed it when I first started noticing a lot of
>rattles when it got cold too. You don't need to remove anything in the
>doors, the tape is simply applied to the inside part of the top door frame.
>It's clear too, so when applied correctly it is almost unnoticeable. After
>two years mine is starting to peel, so I think I'm going to buy a roll and
>do it myself this time.
>
>Kevin Ng
>97 GLX Windsor Blue

Sounds just like my door moldings which keep falling off after 5 - 6 months and
then being replaced by the dealer.  I just called my dealer this week for
the fourth time!!
He said he was going to call VW because I asked him if we could epoxy the
moldings onto the door. I'm getting sick of bring my car in for the fourth
time on the door moldings. I just don't understand how vW could go to such
cheap adhesives in lieu of mechanical fastners as used in the A2.  My A2 is
10 years old and I've yet to have anything fall off the car because an
adhesive failed.

Dr. Bob