Airbag warning light on - $540 poorer

Hey all,

     So my airbag warning light came on a few days ago and I sent the
car to the dealer, who determined that the warning light module shorted
out.  Cost: about $80 for parts.  Fine, no big deal, I thought.  Today,
I went back and they put the new light in; the light was still on.  They
then determined that the airbag control module (the computer) was fried.
Cost: $426 for parts, $72 for labor, plus tax.  (Ouch!)

     For some reason, I'm not satisfied.  They gave me the old module
back, so I'm assuming that they're not ripping me off.  And I do like
the idea of having a functioning airbag.  But, I just can't get over
shelling out $540 for a damn part that shouldn't have broken down in the
first place.

Eric Wang
1994 Black Vento VR6 -- Eibach Pro-Kit, Remus cat-back exhaust, Autotech
Q-Chip, K&N drop-in filter, Mintex Redbox pads