Slush/Ice/Wet Tyres?

Folks,

I'm looking to slap some winter rubber on the Jetta this year but
up in the Pacific Northwest we only occasionally get snow.  Usually
its a light dusting 1-3".  What we do get is a ton of slush, standing
water and black ice.

What tires would you recommend for this type of environment.  Since I
suspect most of the driving will be on very wet pavement regular soft
compound stickers (Blizzaks) would wear quite quickly.  Is there a
long tread life wet/slush/black ice tire out there?  Nokian Hakkas?

TIA for the suggestions.

Cheers,

----
Jeff Newton