RE: New Jetta GLX owner today...

Hey Tom,

Nice job on your new GLX.  As you probably know, run natural oil during
the break-in period (1,000 - 1,500 miles) and then choose your synthetic
of choice (Castrol Syntec or Mobil 1 or Redline).  By using a synthetic
too soon, the engine will run too well and will not be able to break in
properly, and those valves will never seat correctly.  After that,
change it as frequently as desired, but always follow the standard
3mth/3k miles.  Safety first, that's what I always say.

Avoid waxing until 3-6 mths later or so as to allow complete curing of
the paint.  After that, wax, wax, wax.  This labor of love will add
another level of protection to abrasions and harmful UV damage - I'm
sure this will be in addition to the clearcoat sealer most certainly
added to your finish.

Enjoy a life of 6 cylinders.  Congrats on a great decision to go with
the GLX.