Re: Accessories are expensive...

Chuck Simpson wrote:

> Cool!
>
> Can you tell me approximately how much of the trunk the net takes up?

not much room at all; i mounted it across the width of the trunk, using
the backseat as the side that the bungee stores against

> Also, where abouts did you attach the net within the trunk?

since the net is about 18" tall and about 52" wide, with four points
that have loops to connect;i attached the two lower points of the net to
the pivots of the seats on the floor, then attached the upper two loops
to where the seat latches into the body of the car at the top; this
allows me to have the net stretched across the seat; i pull it forward
and store items in it; the bungee pulls the items taunt against the back
of the seats;

http://www.catalogsite.com/Gen/JCWhitney_P1.html

> Thanks for the info...  :)

if i can help you with anything else, please just let me know

> -Chuck Simpson...
> '98 White Jetta GLX-VR6
>
> chris collier wrote:
>
> > Chuck Simpson wrote:
> >

> > > I think I'll take Pete Loron's advice and buy a storage bin to
> stuff my
> > > usual car-care products and use the velcro stuff to keep the
> storage
> > > bin in place.  That will save me some bucks!  Thanks Pete!
> >
> > another solution is to get the JC Whitney catalog; they have a
> bungee cargo
> > net that works perfect for our trunks and i think that the cost was
> $12.00;
> >
> > i have this in my Jetta and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >

> > > -Chuck Simpson...
> > > '98 White Jetta GLX-VR6

- --
christopher n. collier
collier@iglou.com
collier@giardina-usa.com

SCCA Member
R254561
Region 017

97 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Digest Version of Mods Available Upon Request.......

In search/need of a 2.0L 16v engine for project car