Re: After-market CD Changers

Guys,

I have the Panasonic CDX-901? (6 disk changer) mounted under the rear
shelf on the driver's side and I have had NO problems with skipping.
I even purposely drove the car down a ripped up road just to see what
the limit was.  It only skips on EXTREMELY bumpy roads.

Perhaps some models are worse than others?

BTW, I'm on stock suspension and GAs.

> Chris Warren wrote:
>
> > I had that problem too.....is yours mounted to the rear shelf or
the floor?
> > Mine WAS mounted to the rear shelf and it skipped like mad..now it
is on the
> > floor and it only occasionally does now!
>
> i have mine mounted to the rear shelf, and it skips sooo much i am
about ready
> to throw it in the dumpster!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> does mounting it on the floor drastically improve the "skipping"
problem??????

> if not, i have a very nice paper weight in my trunk
>
> is there a setting on the player to compensate for vertical vs.
horizontal
> mounting?

- ----
Jeff Newton