Re: Airboxes

>Hey everyone,
>
>     I have one medium sized hole in the front of my airbox and one small
>hole in the hose leading up to the airbox as a result of a tragic run-in
>with a deer I had.  The deer caused $1000 worth of damage.  Anyway, I
>taped up the holes with lots of duct tape.  Will this affect my
>performance at all?

Depends on where the "medium sized hole in the front" of the air box is.
If the hole is "after" the filter on the top half of the box, then dirty
air is entering the engine, if it is in the "bottom half" of the box, you
will probably be o.k.

Many on the gti-vr6 list have modded the air box by adding holes on the
fender side of box (in the bottom half) to allow more air flow...some have
dyno runs showing power improvements.

Gotta love that duct tape.

Brian M. Gracek			Saint Cloud, Minnesota, USA

"On the road of life"...There are 'windshields', and there are 'bugs'
		          (splat!)

		"Squeegees Wanted"