Clutch "fatigue"

Sorry if this has been dealt with before but I've got a '94 GLX (no Mods).
Since I have owned this superior car, I have frequently experienced very
low play on the clutch.  My dealer has told me to ignore this as the clutch is
self-adjusting and will eventually regulate itself.  Sure enough, it usually
does eventually adjust to the proper height, but sometimes it may take as
long as 20 minutes or more. (On a few notorious occasions it took about 2
or 3 days). Aside from being merely annoying, when the clutch is too low
the cruise control won't operate. Has there ever been a service bulletin on
my year GLX regarding the clutch that I should know about and that my
dealer has perhaps forgotten to tell me?

Jeff (Jeffrey R. Ingber)