Blaupunkt in Jetta GLX

When you installed the Blau, how tight was the fit? Reading the specs in
the Crutchfield catalog, it says the Jetta has 6-3/8" mounting depth
available and that the Las Vegas receiver needs 6-3/4".

I'm about to trade my '89 Accord for a new GLX. It has a Blau Tucson
(about 3 years old), a Sony 4x25 amp and Blau 10-disk changer in the
trunk, good speakers, etc. I'm trying to figure out whether to keep my
old sound system to put in the Jetta or sell it with the Accord. The
dealer I'm working with has new GLXs in stock with two kinds of sound
systems, Bose and VW (which I understand is made by Clarion). In your
opinion, which one should I get, assuming I want to upgrade anyway?

The only hard part about the install in my Accord was fishing all the
wires through the rocker panels and under the back seat to get to the
trunk. I ran a CD control cable, 2 pairs of 12-gauge speaker wires, a
10-gauge power wire, two large RCA cables and a remote turn-on wire.
What a pain!! Did you run any trunk wires, or did the VW have enough to
work with? If you did, how hard was it?

I'm guessing that I couldn't re-use my 6-1/2" speakers in the Jetta,
either. Since it calls for 6-1/2 S oversize speakers.