Re: Camry V6 2Door Vs. 97 VENTO VR6

The Camry V6, according to their website, indicates that the engine is:

3.0-liter four-cam 24-valve EFI V6
194 hp @ 5,200 rpm
6209 lb.-ft. @ 4,400 rpm

According to www.autosite.com, the 0-60 performance of this car ranges
between 7.9 and 7.0 seconds, and quarter mile is 15.9. (Car and Driver
reported the 7 seconds, while "PM" (whatever that is) reported 7.9, and
Motor Trends reported 7.8.

According to the same sources, the 0-60 performance of the GLX is 6.9 and
15.5 seconds.

If a Camry beats you, there's something wrong with your driving, or the
Camry has been beefed up.

Regarding "is the automatic tranny faster", not necessarily. If you don't
know how to shift very well, you'll be better off in a automatic, but if
you know how to shift well and when, you'll be just as fast with a stick.

- -Khan