a/c

Has anyone had any problems with their a/c.  one day I went to go turn mines on and found that it was not getting cold.  I normally notice the rpm's drop faster when I'm about to take off in first gear.  I didn't notice this and didn't notice any cold air coming from the vents.  I brought it into the dealer and they said they found the freon was low to the point below normal and that caused the a/c not to get cold.  They check it for leaks using the dye test...none were found.  How would the freon escape from the a/c system if there are no leaks?  I ran the a/c quite a few times during the winter because I know its not good to let it sit without use.  Well they filled it back up and it works fine...just wondering because I don't want it to occur when it gets like 120 degrees here in Las Vegas.  Anyone else?

Mca
97 glx black on black