COLD START

Has anyone on the list had problems with cold start in their glx.  I'm bringing mines in to VW because they said that they are going to change out the chip that happens to be causing cold start problems.  Some symptoms are when I start the car...the rpm dies down till the car dies.  Also the car has a slight rough idle and there is slight vibration.  They said there was some kind of fix for this problem.  My ecu has to be taken out of my car and then sent to VW and they will change the old chip for a new one that has new codes.  According to the dealer many people have been bringing in their glx's for this problem.  They too had their chips changed.  Jus wondering how common this problem is.

mca