Re: The VW Jetta GLX Mailing List Digest V2 #136

Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 16:45:50 -0500
From: Brian Gracek <bgracek@cloudnet.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Flush With Tranny Fluid

>Chris,
>
>For what its worth, a guy who works with me used to be a mechanic in a
>previous life, he swears by flushing the engine with transmission fluid. I
>haven't tried it, nor do I suggest you do it. I have no idea what damage,
>if any, this could do to your engine.
>
>later,
>-Naresh

I've seen the transmission fluid flush done back in high school.  10+ years
ago.  Works great but it should only be done on high milage motors that have
neglected to get their oil changed regularly.  You shouldn't have to flush the
engine to switch to synthetic unless there is a heavy build up of sludge due
to lack of oil changes.
John
98 Jetta K2
69 Camaro Z/28 (restored)