Re: CD changer question

On Sat, May 09, 1998 at 10:54:30AM -0400, JFirest106 wrote:
> Hello all, I'm brand new to the list and have a question about the CD changer
> in my 98 Jetta K2.  The "MIX" button in my Jetta will randomly select tracks
> off of one disc only.  It will not shuffle the discs before choosing a song.
> Is this normal for the 8 speaker, PREMIUM audio system.
> TIA.... John
> Jfirest106@aol.com

Dunno about the "Premium" system, but on the GLX Bose (Panasonic) head unit
and CD changer, the Mix function will only select discs that have already
been initilized, to keep it from hitting empty magazine slots.  If you load
a new magazine, you need to step through all 6 discs manually before hitting
Mix, if you want it to choose from all discs.

- --
     /// Stefan Hudson <hudson@mbay.net>
__  /// Senior Network Administrator - Monterey Bay Internet
\\\/// http://www.mbay.net/  -  Email: info@mbay.net
 \XX/ Voice: 408-642-6100  Fax: 408-642-6101  Modem: 408-642-6102