Re: Passat beats.....and new Jetta IV pictures

Greg_Coombs@esd.tracor.com wrote:

>      The new Car and Driver has a comparison test of 10 family sedans
>      costing around $25K.  The Passat GLX came out on top followed by the
>      Accord EX , Olds Intrigue GL, Camry LE, Intrepid ES, Maxima SE, Subaru
>      Legacy GT Limited, Mazda 626ES, Ford Taurus SE and the Bonneville SE
>      in that order.  Looks like VW has another hit on their hands besides
>      the Beetle.
>
>      Greg Coombs

	Its true. The new Passat and Passat Wagon is one of the VWs that has
	the higher acceptance rates from the press in America and Europe as
	far as I remember. I was thinking to wait for the Jetta IV (Bora) which
	its final design is available on VWVortex Site (nice new pictures), but
	for the moment I have decided for a New Passat in Satin Silver. For
	the same price of a Jetta GLX VR6 here in Lima-Peru I have obtained the
	following Passat configuration:

	Passat V6 (Audi engine 193 Bhp)
	Sports leather seats (Highline-Alcantara)
	Original VW 16 inches alloy wheels
	Sunroof
	Air conditioning with Climatronic (computerized)
	Fog lights
	4 Airbags
	Alarm with remote system
	Aluminium (instead of wood, in the dash and doors...looks sporty)

	I think its a good deal for the moment and I will think in the new
	Jetta IV when the 210 hp VR6 with 24 Valve and aluminium head is
	available.

	Regards