Increasing Engine Power

Hey everyone...Mark here.  I am in a break between two finals today and
was thinking about how to increase the HP out of my motor.  Sounds like
good hearted VW discussion type stuff...Here are the choices I have
listed...Discuss at will:

Ways to increase HP in the VR6

1.  Increase to 2.9L
	Advantage is stays within factory bores, any power here?
2.  Increase to 3.0L
	Advantage is stays with factory bore...how is revving ability?
3.  Increase to 3.0L using bore
	Stays with factory stroke, good revs...but safe?  and durable?
4.  Increase to 3.1L
	Anyone have this?  I am interested in impressions
5.  Increase Compression (very interesting idea)
6.  Combination of 5, with any of above
7.  Cams and VG
8.  Head Work
9.  Forced Induction

That's the list I have come up with...I want to mainly think about doing
it the old fashion way (that is NO forced induction).  You know what they
say "there's no replacement for cubic displacement!".  Anyways, I would
like some professional opinions on these choices as well as what you guys
all think...  I am happy with the 2.8L but dropping in a 24 valve head
(read=I think it would be impossible, or close to) does sound cool.
Anyways, discuss amongst yourselves...

Mark Klaus Radelow
I want a M3-killing, Mustang-eating  VR6 powered
SPEED machine.