Re: CLUTCH PEDAL QUESTION

>when you clutch return spring fell out was the clutch very easy to push
in
>compared to normal?  i also noticed that the clutch engages at a
different
>point within the throw of the clutch.

Yes and Yes.  The pedal was VERY easy to push in and it had a longer
throw which made it feel like the clutch engaged at a different point.
There were also clicking sounds when depressed, and I could pull up the
pedal towards me  with my hand about 1inch - meaning there was no
resistance for the first inch or so of travel.

>the service manager took it for a spin and he said it felt normal to
him..

Try going to a different dealer and don't leave until a mechanic checks
it out.  I've yet to meet a service 'advisor' or manager who knew jack,
with the exception of knowing how to piss off customers.   :)    Again, I
was told this problem was common enough that VW developed a retaining
bracket to keep the return spring in place.
Good Luck!
- -Rob
97 Vento VR6

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]