Re: Replacing instrument cluster

Bryan Billings wrote:

> What exactly did you do?  I know there is guy in town who fixes
> clusters.  Just don't tell anyone what you have done even when it is
> fixed.  If you painted or replaced the back plated I would leave it at
> that.  Trust me get the old one fixed.  You can't just go out and buy an
> odometer with VW's approval.

I fried the connection to the "BRAKE" warning light --- HOWEVER, i was just at the dealer a few minutes ago and they said what I
screwed up wasn't in the instrument cluster, it was in the main wiring harness (the DRL diode), so it is looking more and more
like taking out the bulb is the best solution.

doh.

- -erik