My Gearbox

Well it turns out that it IS indeed the synchros.  Timmons VW has it and I
am driving a '98 Jetta GLS in silver, with a four speed slushbox.  Oh
well...I already want my baby back!  Just a sidenote to those of you
considering running Redline Trannie oil.  They (VW) are looking for this
and if you are running it and blow your trannie (sychros or anything) they
can (and will) void your warranty.  Just thought I would let you all know.
And yes, this comes from someone high up at vw.  Has to do with the
construction of the synchros etc.

Mark Radelow
1997 "Synchro Impaired" Jetta GLX
1998 "Clutch Impaired" Jetta GLS

*LEGAL NOTICE TO ALL BULK E-MAILERS* Pursuant to US
 Code,Title 7,Chapter 5,Subchapter II,227,all
 nonsolicited commercial Email sent to this address
 is subject to a download & archival fee in the
 amount of $500US. E-mailing to this address for
 commercial purposes denotes acceptance of these
 terms.  Violators will be prosecuted to the
 maximum extent of the law.