A sad loss.... WAS: Re: Drive April

Well I was all geared up to trade in my leased 1996 Jetta
GLS for this brand new 1998, Classic Green, Jetta GLX until
I ran my '96 into the back of a Ford Explorer this morning
around 8:40 mid span on the I520 bridge east bound (My apologies
to any locals caught in the resulting traffic).

Nothing is sadder than seeing your baby smashed up in the
middle of the road leaking fluids all over. I just walked
around it, ignoring the passing traffic, and shook my head.
I couldn't believe I had done that to my baby. A horrible
site indeed.

On the good side, the Jetta turns out to be a very safe
ride. I fired both air bags and we had our seat belts on.
I was the only one hurt and that was just a bruise on
my stomach from the wheel I guess. The entire front end
of the car is about half as long as it use to be. What
about the Ford explorer you ask? It has a few cosmetic
scratches on its rear bumper.

I am sure all you fellow Jetta owners felt the loss as
a disturbance in the force.

Hanging my head,
greg.
- --
       _________     USPA: A-20947      Gregory Wright
       _  / __ __  ___/  _ \_  __ `/    gregory@halcyon.com
       / /_/ / _  /   /  __/  /_/ /     Spacelabs Medical Inc.
       \____/  /_/    \___/_\__, /      Intesys Division.
                           /____/       (206)867-7327