Re: FINALLY A CURE?????

At 08:05 PM 3/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
>HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS??????
>
>1) ENGINE DIES ON COLD START...REVS GO UP THEN ALL THE WAY DOWN TILL IT DIES?
>2)ROUGH IDLE ON COLD START OR EVEN WHEN ENGINE IS WARM?
>3)YOU FEEL A SHIMMY LIKE FEELING WHEN SITTING AT IDLE?
>4)TACH NEDDLE MOVES UP AND DOWN AT IDLE?
>
>well according to my service advisor at my local VW/BMW dealer VW is working
>on a fix for this problem.  it was found that there is a problem with the
>control unit.  this fix is still in the works as we speak.  most of the
>problems have been found on most GLX models mine is a 97 model.  i brought my
>car in before for the problem but no codes came up.  a recall should be
issued
>soon.  so check with your local VW dealer if they have received the same news
>on this issue.  Ill keep you posted when i bring my car in for a visit.
>
>m.c.a.
>'97 Black on Black GLX
>purely stock...for now!!!!!!!!!!!

There has been a cure to the problem. First the dealer has to be willing to
help. The ECM has to be removed and sent back to VWOA in Michigan. Once at
VWOA they will open the ECM and replace a chip. The ECM will be sent back
to the dealer. The dealer should provide you with a loaner car. It usually
takes 3 days dependine on wherre you live. We have done this a few times in
my Dealership with good results.
I just hope for your sake the ECM has not been modified. If it has been
opened they might not do anything for you.

Don