Re: Halos and Service alerts

At 08:40 PM 3/8/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Don,
>
>If those of us with problematic VW's notice we are no longer being called
>after service visits, I am assuming that by contacting VOA directly we will
>be able to make our concerns known.
>
>I understand your service managers reasoning but I must say that I bothers
>me that he is both undermining and manipulating a system that is meant to
>build the VW brand, make happier customers and reward dealers for
>outstanding service.
>
>Dave R
>97 GLX
>
>At 08:27 PM 3/8/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>There was some coversation about owners being pressured by their dealers to
>>answer "Excellent" when somone form VW calls.
>>
>>I will try to explain what happens. First after you buy the car VWOA will
>>call and check up on the dealer to make sure everything with the delivery
>>went smoothly and everything was explained. This is where the first
>>"excellent" comes into play. If everything was "excellent" the dealership
>>gets points toward CSI money. Every quarter the dealer gets money back
>>depending on the amount of "Excellents" also some of this money will
>>trickle down to the techs. I know because I usually get about $30.00 a
>>quarter.
>>When ever you have servicce done the dealership provides your phone number
>>to VWOA for a followup call. Again here is where another "Excellent" is
>>asked for. If you have had a problem or you are a "problem" customer there
>>is a good chance you won't get a call. I know in my shop the service
>>advisor places a red dot on the work order which menas "No followup" Every
>>quarter the service manager is provided with a list of responses and his
>>CSI rating compared to all the other dealers in his zone.
>>
>>VW is going to base future car allocations on CSI ratings. I heard that
>>each dealer is going to get 23 NewBeetles. Wow we have 40 sold!
>>If the response is "excellent" than a "Halo" is sent to the dealership. If
>>the results are not good than a "Service Action" is sent and the service
>>manager must resolve the problem and report back to VWOA with the solution.
>>
>>I can post copies of a Halo and Service  Alerts in anyone is interested.
>>
>>Don

 Dave. Its a game they all play. If you have ever glanced at a Service
Manager/Advisor classified it will mention "must have strong CSI" rating.
Again high CSI points means cash and more cars to the dealer.
Poor CSI=Service Manager out of a job. It is a cut throat buisness
especially when there are competing dealers very close. I know in my shop
when ever there is a problem with CSI my boss usually sacrifices a Service
Advisor. This way someone else takes the fall, and it buys him 6 more
months. This has happened twice this past 9 months. He bought himself
another 6 months by firing the Dispatcher on thursday. Who's next?

Don