From: 356talk@356registry.org (356Talk)
To: <356talk@356registry.org>
Subject: 356talk V1 #310
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 00:44:23 -0500

356talk                        Wed, 4 Mar 1998           Volume 1 :
Number 310

Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 09:43:56 -0800
From: Clark <Clark@dnf.com>
To: 356talk@356registry.org
Subject: On Dangerous Ground

Hi All,

Please don't kill me for this non-356 question, but I feel there is
wealth
of general automobile knowledge on this list, so I'll make it fast.

My 6 cylinder Volkswagon Passat has been serviced by my Palo Alto dealer
all through its warranty period.  I changed its oil this weekend for the
first time and found that the filter housing required a replaceable
element.   It was housed just like an upside down 356 filter can.

When I opened the filter housing there was NO filter in it!  Just a can
of oil.

Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't go postal at the dealership?
This car had 12K miles on it for the last warranty service.  Any opinions
on what kind of engine life I may lose?

Again, I know I'm a little out of bounds here.  Please forgive me.

Clark

"Hay Bales and Asphalt"
a video featuring vintage footage
of motor racing from 1957 to 1961.
Images and description at
http://www.dnf.com

My 1953 Devin-Porsche Restoration project
http://www.dnf.com/devin-porsche.html

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]