Re: The VW Jetta GLX Mailing List Digest V2 #66

Yes you are overlooking 2. For the rear there are 2 lines, one each side, that
connect the line running under the car to the line that runs on the rear
control arm. Since the arm moves up and down a flexible connections is needed
at that joint.

On  1 Mar 98 at 13:53, The VW Jetta GLX Mailing List wrote:

> Subject: Brake Lines
>
> Hey guys,
>
> After getting home today from the VWCOLA meeting
> at Timmons (which by the way was great. The new
> bettle would be cool with the 1.8T Quatro), I
> decided to start the install of my brake lines
> (braided stainless).  I opened the box to
> discover 6 brake lines 2 long, 2 short (male one
> end female the other), and 2 more short ones
> (female both ends).  I could only find 4 rubber
> lines on my car (95).  Am I over looking 2?  Do
> the later cars have 2 more somewhere and they
> just supplied the extra just incase I had a later
> car?  Anyone done this install?
>
> BTW I'm using the ATE super blue fluid.  Pain in
> the ass to purge all the old crap.  I was way
> over do....pushing 3 years.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve Harris
> 1995 4X4 GLX :-)
Mike DiTullio                    |All opinions are my own, and I have
mailto:michael.ditullio@lmco.com |thousands of them to donate...ask me
mailto:mikedt@ibm.net            |S. NJ - Land of No Twisties
1-800-AMA-JOIN                   |98-Passat 89-HawkGT 95-ST1100 STOC#105