RE: clutch creak

My '94 Ranger started doing it at about that time period. I believe they
ended up replacing the entire clutch assembly under warranty. If you're
dealer won't fix it under warranty, find one who will, or take it to the
regional rep (yes, I know, I've been on the list long enough ~2wks to
know of VWOA's poor customer service reputation). If nothing else, make
sure it gets logged in your maintenance records as something which
happened under warranty. Also, keep a record yourself of all contacts
concerning the problem.