Jetta Wolfsburg Edition Has Painted Doorhandles

Hey,
    The people looking to buy my inlaws house came today and parked next to
my GLX in the driveway. They had a '98 Jetta Wolfsburg which is basically a
GT with GLX clothe interior (tan availability), GLX shiftknob and boot, and
K2 machined GTI 8V rims. I also happened to notice that the car had painted
doorhandles. Are the new GLXs coming through with this as well? I hadn't
noticed, though I guess they could have done it themselves. It is an older
couple and has no other mods, and a '98 Wolfsburg is a little new to be
bought used.-G