RE: 185/55 R15 on stock rims?

Well, the diameter is nearly identical (586mm stock vs 584.5mm snow +
snow tread). A quick call to a local tire shop, or email to Tire Rack
(sales@tirerack.com) should be able to answer if it will fit on the
stock rim width-wise.

If you can afford it, I would recommend going with steel winter rims.
Winter can be harsh on alloy wheels, and you save $80/year in tire
change-over costs. Plus, you don't have to wait in line after the first
snowfall along with everyone else who's panicking about getting their
snows on.

Tim Irwin