RE: Passat prices?

I'm in D.C. right now, until the end of the week.  VW's are like water
up here. The damn things are everywhere!  Especially Cabrios.  But I did
talk with a VW dealer down the street from my hotel and he was telling
me that there will be NO more 1998 Passat GLXs produced.  They are
switching to the 99's and adding the Audi Quattro drive train as an
option.  I think he said they should be available in the fall.  But, you
know how believable salesmen are.  This is the same bugger-eatin-moron
that told me, no, almost argued with me, that a loaded A4 was $40K.  Try
A6, Butt-head.

It's going to be a hard choice between the Audi A4 Quattro and the
Passat Quattro.

Joe
95 Jetta GLX
Austin TX.