Passat prices?

Hey everyone,

     A friend of mine just got a '98 silver GLS V-6 from Koeppel VW, here in NY.  The only option he got was the automatic transmission. He ended up paying a bit over $24,000 (he's actually leasing, but I can't remember the lease rates).  The list was over $25,000.  I didn't think that this was such a great price.  Anyone know what a good price is?

---
Eric Wang
1994 Black Vento VR6; Autotech Q-Chip, Eibach Pro-kit, K&N drop-in filter, Remus exhaust

http://www.mailexcite.com