RE: 3 questions.....

In fear of getting laughed at, I have to ask this question.

At 18,500 miles on my 97 GLX, I decided its probably time to check the
air filter for opportunities to increase airflow.  After un-clicking the
forward and rear housing clips and also un-attaching the air collar on
the front of the box, the top just won't come off.  Although it will
crack open just enough for me to peek at the stock air filter (which
looks yellow, ie. needs replacing), the side that is tucked under the
right side of the car won't let go.  If you are under the hood facing
towards the rear, it's the left side that is stuck.

What's the trick to removing the top of this air filter box?

Chris