The Real Project GLX Spotted!!!!Supercharged!!

Guys,

I was driving around here in Colorado Springs and saw this beetle in
front of the small shop.  There were no visable markings on this
building.  I just stopped to take a peak at the Beetle when I looked in
the window and saw some cool cars.

I went inside there were all these guys running around with racing
mechanics uniforms on.  This place had some prety high tech equipment in
it.  I started to ask this guy what they do.  He showed me this strange
Hundai that they were fabing a supercharger for.  This car was shipped
direct from the manufacture to them.  It is going to be Hundai's show
car for some shows. It was actually cool looking 90 horse stock and when
done about 180. It was decked out.  The guy asked what kind of car I
had. He smiled and said come check this out.  I went in to this bay with
this white Jetta VR6.  The hood was open and low and behold a
supercharger was being fitted. I then had to take a closer look at it.
It was white and had these black five spoke big 17" on it.  It had
california plates and this guy told me it belonged to European Car's
tech editor. I just realized that it was the project GLX itself.  It
will be in a future edition of EC with the Eaton blower.  260-300 horse
is what they are estimating.  They are working with ND to develope a
kit.  I can't believe I was the first to see it.  I may have a chance to
drive it on Friday when the mod is complete. I still can't believe it!!
It was really dirty and I didn't even put two and two together till I
got home and looked at the license plate in June 97's issue.

Bryan Billings